Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Recent Wikipedia Edits

I have learned to love the power of the Wikipedia. I am glad that I am assigned in a computer science class to contribute. My contributions are at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Scottielad. Here's a summary of what I've done so far:

  1. My alma mater Century High School has a sports section to which I added a wiki link to the OSAA. The text was already there, but now curious browsers can find out more easily about the OSAA.
  2. Max Hall. Thanks to Firefox's spell checker, in College career section I corrected spelling of "consistently" and "received". I also added John Beck's first name and a link to him, as well as changing two prepositions ("departure at BYU" to "departure from BYU" and "his poise in such an early point" to "his poise at such an early point").
  3. Peanut butter cup may soon be deleted from Wikipedia! Maybe changing "Recent years have shown Reese's to experiment with changing the different types of peanut butter cups" to "In recent years Reese's has experimented with different types of peanut butter cups." will help keep it afloat (although the real reason for the possible deletion is lack of notoriety).
Hopefully the wonderful world of wikipedia is now a little better place.

No comments: